Today, we’re pleased to introduce you to a charming children’s book about a girl and the unconditional bond and love of fashion she shares with her dog.
About the Book
Tuttie is a typical Chinese Pug who is like nothing Laurren has ever seen before. She describes their first meeting beautifully through a child’s eyes – this dog has a weird wrinkly face that made it look like it was a million years old, a face squeezed so tight that its eyes bulged out and a nose that looked like it was smashed by a freight train.
Tuttie was left at the vet after a desexing operation when her owner decided he didn’t want her any more. For Tuttie, that was the beginning of a new life with a young girl who became her best friend and constant companion.
They quickly became inseparable and their favourite game was playing dress-ups. When Laurren’s grandma gave her a pair of red dangly earrings and bright red lipstick, Tuttie became the most fashionable pet in the neighbourhood and for Laurren it was the beginning of a lifelong love of pugs and pet fashion.
We loved this book for many reasons:
- It’s a heartwarming story about a young girl and her first dog – it’s sure to put a smile on your child’s face.
- We love happy adoption tales and are glad that Tuttie got a second chance at life with Laurren.
- The gorgeous illustrations by Florina Boldi.
WIN a Copy of ‘Lipstick on a Pug’
Laurren has generously offered ONE lucky Pawesome Cats reader the chance to win a copy of Lipstick on a Pug. Enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below.
- The book giveaway is open to International readers.
- The giveaway closes on Saturday 8 August, 2015.
- The winner will be announced on Pawesome Cats and contacted by the email provided.
- If not claimed within 7 days, the prize will be redrawn.
About the Author
- Laurren Darr has been ‘owned’ by pugs since her first pug rescue of White Pines Tuttie as a child.
- Tuttie was the inspiration for the launch of the International Association of Pet Fashion Professionals (IAPFP), but she’s been crazy about pet fashion since before it became cool.
- In 2013, she co-authored “Pet Fashion Almanac 2014″ which became a #1 Best Seller.
- She has also written a series of Pug Fairy Tale adaptations including Pug in Boots, The Three Li’l Pugs, Li’l Red Riding Pug which are also available as colouring books.
- Lauren currently lives in the Chicago-area with her husband and son, a fabulously fashionable pug named Bella (pictured with Laurren) and a blue and gold macaw, Kao.
DISCLOSURE: We received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for our review.