I love a good animal rescue story and once I started reading GOD SPELLED BACKWARDS: The Journey of an Actress into the World of Dog Rescue I just couldn’t put it down. You won’t be able to either.
About the Book
God Spelled Backwards is about Sylva’s journey from a newlywed actress in New York with a longing to help others to a devoted animal rescuer in Los Angeles.
It all begins when she volunteers as a puppy walker at her local vet office and Sammy (aka Princess) – a petite yet feisty Shepherd / Corgi puppy with strawberry blond fur bounds down the stairs to greet her. It’s love at first sight, and adopting Sammy is the beginning of a lifelong dedication to rescuing animals and doing what is best for each and every dog she meets.
This is the story of a woman with a generous spirit and a kind heart who is fortunate to be able to spend her earnings as an actress on something she is passionate about – rescuing animals in need. It’s also an honest account of the challenges inherent in animal rescue and what she learns personally along the way. Throughout the book, Sylva introduces us to many dogs who have touched her life but she also shares the darker side of human nature.
If you love dogs, cats or any animals – you will love this book. It’ll make you smile and laugh, but it will also make you cry. God Spelled Backwards celebrates the triumphs and celebrations in animal rescue but it also recalls the heartbreaking moments. As Sylva says; ‘animal rescue is both a calling and a curse’. Personally, I am filled with nothing less than the utmost respect and admiration for Sylva and everyone else working in animal rescue who are making a real difference in the lives of abandoned, unwanted and neglected dogs and cats.
WIN a Copy of ‘God Spelled Backwards’
Sylva has generously offered ONE lucky Pawesome Cats reader the chance to win a copy of God Spelled Backwards. Enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below.
- The book giveaway is open to International readers.
- The winner will be announced on this page and contacted by the email provided.
- If not claimed within 7 days, the prize will be redrawn.
About the Author
- Sylva Kelegian is an actress who has worked on the New York stage and guest-starred in feature films and some of TV’s most popular dramas including CSI, NCIS: Los Angeles, Rizzoli & Isles, ER, Cold Case, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, Bones, Without a Trace, and many more.
- Over the last 10 years, she has rescued more than five hundred dogs placing them in permanent, loving homes.
- Her children’s book The Dolphin Princess, won the Children’s Fiction award at the 2015 Beverly Hills Book Awards.
- Sylva lives in Los Angeles with her husband, actor Jude Ciccolella and their dogs Mazie, Nate and Shadow.
- Find out more: http://www.sylvakelegian.com
DISCLOSURE: We received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for our review.