Do you think Charisma is something you’re born with? Or can you develop it? Leesa Rowland’s book Discovering the IT Factor Within You shows you how to find your own inner light.
About the Book
Discovering the IT Factor Within You is an easy to read and empowering book which helps the reader to understand that charisma isn’t something that we’re just born with, it is a personal quality that we can all develop and harness to ensure our personal success and excel at what we choose to do in life.
Leesa talks about her own personal journey and struggles including the heartache of her stepfather’s suicide by shooting and his admission that he poisoned her mother which resulted in her horrific death years earlier. She has had to work hard to move forward and overcome the demons from her past.
As an actress in a sometimes-fake world, Leesa also discusses the importance of being authentic, and having strong determination to accomplish your goals. Life’s hurdles are just that, obstacles to overcome that will give you the strength you need and teach you the lessons you need to learn.
There’s a chapter on charismatic personalities, where Leesa introduces some of her favourite personalities and discusses their IT factors: from Princess Diana and Oprah Winfrey, to Michael Jackson, Andy Warhol, Mother Teresa and Malala Yousafzai the young woman who highlighted the plight of girls in Taliban-controlled areas of Pakistan and their fight to receive an education.
The IT factor isn’t limited to people; Leesa also talks about animals possessing charisma too. As an active animal advocate and strict vegan some of her views in this chapter may appear a little extreme to meat eating readers. Whilst I’m not strictly vegan, I do agree with many of her principles and echo her thoughts on factory farming, buying and selling cats and dogs in pet stores rather than adopting from animal rescue organisations, choosing faux fur and fake leather products over the real thing and cruelty-free beauty products that aren’t tested on animals.
Overall this was an interesting read, with a strong message: we each control our own destiny and realise our potential by harnessing our authentic self and our individual charisma.
- The giveaway is open to International readers.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- Prizes: One Winner will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card or PayPal Cash. One Winner will receive a Free Copy of the book Discovering the It Factor in You.
About the Author
- Leesa Rowland is an actress and animal advocate who went from the family ranch in Texas to the bright lights in Hollywood and New York.
- After earning her broadcast journalism degree at Texas Tech, Leesa went to Los Angeles to study acting at the Stella Adler Studios.
- She has had a successful career in acting, and has a vast cult following for her roles predominantly in horror movies. She is primarily known for her role as Victoria in Troma Entertainment’s “Class of Nuke ‘Em High,” parts 2 and 3, Starz Channel’s “Return to Nuke ‘Em High” and as Phyllis in Travis Campbell’s thriller “Slaughter Daughter.”
DISCLOSURE: We received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for our review.