Many years ago, when I first visited Italy I was enchanted by the feral cat colonies that inhabit Rome’s ancient ruins, so I’m delighted to be able to share Mary’s book Cat Lady with you today.
About the Book
To the average tourist in Rome, Maria is just an old lady who feeds the city’s stray cats yet things are rarely as they seem. Her powers are incredible! She can talk to cats and the cats (who are enchanted of course) talk right back. To those who truly love, and seek her assistance, the impossible is only an illusion.
A few will snort and call her geezer,Friend, they say, to Julius Caesar.Others turn away and mutter“Strega,” cross themselves and sputter.Old Maria’s heard it all,Can’t hear, or care, what names they call.She has her work to do, and that’sTo feed the city’s feral cats.
WIN a Copy of ‘Cat Lady’
Mary has generously offered ONE lucky Pawesome Cats reader the chance to win a copy of Cat Lady. Enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below.
- The book giveaway is open to International readers.
- The winner will be announced on this page and contacted by the email provided.
- If not claimed within 3 days, the prize will be redrawn.
About the Author
- Mary M. Schmidt was a student in Rome during the 1960s and came to know of the feral cat colonies in the Eternal City.
- She has always written prose, poetry, and was a member of Poets Against the Iraq War.
- Mary currently lives near Washington DC with her cat Graycie (pictured right).
- Connect with Mary on her Facebook page.