Max and Charlie are like most active boy cats their age, they love to play, they love to scratch and they love adventure. Today, they got to combine their love of all three things – playing, scratching and adventure when we introduced a deadly reptile predator into our lounge room.
This is no ordinary predator though, it’s a crocodile design corrugated cardboard scratching surface designed to keep both cats and cat owners happy. Whilst adult crocodiles can grow as long as six metres, this smaller crocodile (measuring 45 x 22 cm), still has a powerful jaw (9cm wide) with razor sharp teeth and watchful eyes from both sides. Beware when you walk past, or you may become its prey!
With active imaginations, Charlie and Max played in the murky waters of the lounge room taking turns to approach the crocodile and jump on its back.
Besides scratching, they discovered that the crocodile cardboard scratcher is also a great place to rest (adventures are exhausting) and for a quick grooming session. Based on quality, versatility of use and the fun factor, the boys gave the crocodile a big paws up!
This was a boy’s adventure with a ‘strictly no girls allowed’ rule, although Max and Charlie made a brief exception for Amber who used crocodile power to cross the river safely to the other side.
Why Corrugated Cardboard Scratchers are Great for Cats
Made from recycled corrugated cardboard, this horizontal textured scratcher mimics the natural surface of softer tree bark and is great for cats because it allows them to:
- Stretch their back and shoulder muscles in a different position than vertical scratching surfaces, providing variety to their exercise routine.
- Mark their territory by shredding and rubbing another surface.
- De-stress and get rid of any kitty aggression.
- Keep their claws clean and healthy.
- Have fun shredding a soft cardboard surface (saving damage to your furniture and curtains.)
Crocodile Cardboard Scratcher Giveaway
In collaboration with Crazy Sales we’re pleased to offer Australian residents the chance to win their own Crocodile Cardboard Scratcher so you too can enjoy a lounge room adventure with your cats.
HOW TO ENTER
In the comments below, simply tell us in 25 words or less WHY you’d like to win a Crocodile Cardboard Scratcher for your cat.
- Our Crocodile Scratcher Giveaway is only open to Australian residents.
- The giveaway closes on Saturday 17 January, 2015 at 5PM AEST.
- The winner will be announced on Pawesome Cats and contacted by the email provided.
- If not claimed within 7 days, the prize will be redrawn.
If you don’t want to take your chances in the Giveaway, you can capture your own Crocodile Cardboard Scratcher online in the rivers of the Crazy Sales website, or check out their other cat scratching posts.
DISCLOSURE: We received the cardboard cat scratcher from Crazy Sales at no charge. Our opinions and reviews of products and services are never influenced by monetary or other compensation we may receive. We only recommend products and services that we personally love and support.