So how is today’s cat owner supposed to know when their cat is showing the early signs of illness or disease? Annual wellness exams at your local veterinarian are still one of the best ways to detect subtle changes in your cat’s health and the initial physical signs of illness. Home wellness tests such as CheckUp are also a great way to monitor your cat’s health and detect problems early.
CheckUp is a quick, simple and reliable on-the-spot urine testing kit that you can use to identify common feline health concerns in the comfort of your own home. If you have a cat that protests loudly when the cat carrier comes out and sings at the top of her lungs every time you take a car trip to the vet – this stress-free, non-invasive test could be an ideal solution to give you a picture of your cat’s overall health in-between scheduled vet visits.
CheckUp is designed to detect the following health conditions:
- Urinary tract infections
- Blood in urine
- Kidney issues
- High glucose levels (indicative of diabetes)
Early detection of common feline health issues allows you to seek veterinary advice early – medical intervention can slow the progression of disease, improve your cat’s lifespan and is also likely to save you money in the long-run. What’s not to like about that?
What does the CheckUp Kit include?
Packed in a small square box, the CheckUp Kit has everything you need to perform this quick and easy (it takes a mere 60 seconds to see results) home wellness test on your cat. It includes:
- A 2 pound (900 gram) bag of hydrophobic litter – it’s looks and feels just like regular sand
- 1 x sample collection vial
- 1 x sample collection pipette – for transferring the collected urine to the testing vial
- 2 x testing strips – which you’ll measure against the results reading card after you’ve completed the test.
Using the CheckUp Kit
As far as home testing kits go, this couldn’t have been much easier. Simply follow these steps:
- Pour the hydrophobic litter into an empty and clean litter box, and wait for your cat to urinate. A morning sample is recommended if possible.
- The urine collects in droplets on top of the sand litter, which makes it really easy to collect. Simply use the pipette and fill the collection vial until it’s 3/4’s full.
- Take a testing strip and dip in into the urine filled collection vial ensuring that all the squares are completely submerged. It only takes 2 seconds to test.
- Place the diagnostic testing strip on the Results Card and follow the instructions to read the testing strip. The colours will change over time, so circle your results on the card within the designated timeframes for an accurate reading.
CheckUp is intended for a single use only, although the urine sample can be kept refrigerated for up to 48 hours and sent to your vet for further analysis. This home testing kit is ideal for use in-between regular vet visits or to collect urine samples for further testing as recommended by your veterinarian.
For more information about the CheckUp At Home Wellness Test Kit for Cats visit their website or view the short video below. PS. There’s a Check Up Kit for dogs too.
WIN a CheckUp At Home Wellness Test Kit for Cats
Pawesome Cats readers can enter to WIN their own CheckUp At Home Wellness Test Kit for Cats, valued at USD $14.95. Enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below.
- There are three (3) CheckUp At Home Wellness Test Kit for Cats available.
- The giveaway is open to residents in the United States only.
- The winners will be announced on this page and contacted by the email provided.
- If not claimed within 3 days, the prize will be redrawn.
Good Luck! DISCLOSURE: We received a CheckUp At Home Wellness Test Kit for Cats and a small fee from Coastline Global Inc in exchange for our honest review of this product. Our opinions and reviews of products and services are never influenced by monetary or other compensation we may receive. We only share information we feel is relevant to our readers.